Detoxification is a bodily process that either eliminates harmful substances or transforms those harmful substances into less harmful ones. Our bodies are continually striving to maintain balance, and the organs of detoxification are critical to this balancing act. Although, some of our systems are more involved in detoxification, every system participates in some way.
Even though our bodies are programmed for health, it is possible to overwhelm our body’s ability to maintain balance. Our organs were not designed to handle the levels of pollutants that we now encounter on a daily basis. The constant overload of toxins impedes healthy functioning organs, which breaks down the body’s ability to eliminate poisons. This lays the foundation for chronic and degenerative diseases.
BENEFITS OF DETOXIFICATION
- Improve our immune function
- Eliminate free radicals and toxins
- Strengthen the body’s fight against cancer cells and generate healthy cells in our body
- Cleanse mucous, congestion, fermentation, and inflammation in our digestive tract
- Purify our blood
- Reform our lifestyle addictions for sugar, salt, high glycemic carbs, alcohol, junk foods and nicotine