Now that the holidays are over, it’s an ideal time to embrace the New Year with a goal to cleanse your body. There is no better way to achieve it than with a detox. So, what is a detox and why do we need it?
Detoxification is the process of eliminating toxic substances from our body that are accumulated through our everyday activities and environment.
Sources and effects of toxins on our bodies:
▪ Exposure to toxins through food additives, chemical solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, drugs, alcohol and microorganisms like bacteria and yeasts has serious deleterious effect on our health.
▪ They can cause symptoms like fatigue, muscle aches, brain fog, headache, nausea, neuropathic pain or even recurrent infections.
▪ Can lead to debilitating chronic diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s disease or Rheumatoid arthritis.
How Does Detox Help Toxic Burden?
Though our body has naturally equipped to eliminate the toxins (liver, kidneys and colon), due to overburden rate to elimination falls way short rate of accumulation. Sometimes a well-oiled machine needs a tune, doesn’t it?
Other important health benefits of detox:
▪ Improved energy
▪ Reduces inflammation and pain
▪ Improved digestion and circulation
▪ Sense of well being
▪ Helps with weight loss (On an average most of our patients lose about 4-5 lbs. after a two weeks detox).
How to Achieve a Healthy Detox?
Three things are crucial for a healthy and successful detox:
▪ Support our own natural system with nutrients which are organic, non-GMO, non-gluten and plant based.
▪ Safe and structured in a way that doesn’t cause any unwanted side effects like electrolyte imbalance or loss of muscle tissue.
▪ A program which is easy-to-follow, convenient and easily bendable with our hectic lifestyle.
Here at Sleep & Wellness we have the perfect program that encompasses all the essential elements of a healthy detox. Under the supervision of Dr. Siddique you will be following a two weeks detox program and the end result is: a jump start of the year with more energy, more self-confidence and an invigorated body and soul.