What is it?
- BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Injecting BOTOX® into these muscles will temporarily reduce muscle activity. This is due to the chemical onabotulinumtoxinA which relaxes muscles in the injection area. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
What are the benefits?
- Minimally invasive
- Only FDA-Approved treatment for chronic migraines
- Can treat lines and wrinkles on every area of the face and neck
- Helps reduce muscle pain
Are there any risks?
- Pain, swelling or bruising at the injection site
- Headache or flu-like symptoms
- Droopy eyelid or cockeyed eyebrows
- Crooked smile or drooling
- Eye dryness or excessive tearing
How long does the treatment take?
- The injection takes very little time, less than 15 minutes. Results should become clear a week after treatment.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- There is no downtime, so you can walk out of our office and get on with your day!