Vascular Ultrasound Studies
Vascular ultrasound studies provides real time images of the veins and arteries of our body. These studies can evaluate signs and symptoms of decreased blood flow in the arteries and/or veins, presence of a clot or if there is any malformations. Signs and symptoms of abnormal blood flow in arteries and/or veins could be:
- Leg pain or weakness
- Leg swelling or edema
- Numbness or tingling
- Redness, soreness, tenderness or warmth in the leg(s)
- Pale grayish or bluish skin
- Resting or reclining foot pain that is relieved by sitting or standing
- Fatigue and tiredness
Functions of vascular ultrasound studies include:
- Locate blockages and abnormalities and help plan for their effective treatment.
- Detect blood clots (deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in the major veins of the legs or arms.
- Detect an enlarged artery (aneurysm).
- Evaluate varicose veins.