HCG is a hormone secreted by the placenta during pregnancy (the same hormone detected in home pregnancy kits). It was first used to help weight loss because several physicians noted that overweight women actually lost weight when they were pregnant. More than a dozen medical studies have shown that combined with a low-calorie diet and exercise, HCG increases fat loss and helps with loss of inches. HCG weight loss program is a combination of daily very small dose of injection along with low calorie diet for 42 days.
HCG has not been approved by the FDA for weight loss, although it has been approved for the treatment of other medical conditions. Federal laws allow medical providers to use approved drugs for alternative treatments. It is called "Off Label Usage" and occurs quite frequently in the medical profession.
The HCG Weight Loss Program - Is it Right for You?
▪ Have you been working hard for a long time to lose weight and are frustrated and ready to give up because you still do not see the evidence of your hard work?
▪ Do you eat well and exercise and wonder why you can’t lose weight?
▪ Do you finally want to get control of your weight but need to see quick results in order to stay motivated?
▪ Have you reached a plateau in your weight loss efforts that you can’t seem to break thru?
▪ Do you have a few extra pounds that you would be happier without?
▪ Are you grossly overweight and wonder if there is anything that can help you?
▪ Do you hate exercise?
▪ Do you want to lose a pound a day and then KEEP IT OFF?
You can break all those barriers with hCG- many of our patients lost significant weight over the course of 42 days
The HCG diet program is divided into 2 phases-
PHASE 1 (Days 1- 2) hCG Injections, no restriction on diet
PHASE 2 (Days 3-42) hCG Injections plus 500 Calorie Diet
• There are no serious side effects known to associate with hCG injections
• hCG does not interfere with other medications (oral or injectable) you are taking
• Vigorous exercise is not recommended however light exercise or walking is allowed
• You can have a break in-between during the course if you needed
• Some people can experience a headache or tiredness initially due to low-calorie diet which usually subsides within a week
Here at Sleep and Wellness, we care about our patients’ success. We are very happy to share a recent success story from one of our patients on the HCG diet: