What is it?
- As is the name, this fat transfer involves the transfer of fat cells from one part of the body to another to improve appearance in a natural way. The treatment involves liposuction of fat from the unwanted area. The living fat cells are then isolated with a centrifuge, and these cells are then injected into another area.
What are the benefits?
- Minimally invasive
- Has regenerative effects due to transfer of stem cells along with fat
- Safe - uses one’s own cells
Are there any risks?
- Swelling or bruising
- Rare lumps
How long does the treatment take?
- Depending on the size of the affected areas, treatment can take anywhere from 1-5 hours. Results can be seen immediately.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- It’s recommended to take a week or two to rest before resuming daily activity, but this depends on the areas treated.