A Primer on PRP
- PRP, or Platelet-Rich Plasma, is a component of blood that can be used medically for its healing and rejuvenating capabilities. More specifically, PRP is a concentrated version of our own blood that has platelets and/or growth factors isolated in the plasma that influence growth and healing. Can be used for skin rejuvenation, hair restoration, joint restoration, and sexual dysfunction.
What is it?
- This facial involves microneedling paired with PRP injection. Microneedling creates small lesions in the skin that stimulate collagen production as part of the body’s healing response. Combining this with PRP, which is chock-full of growth factors and platelets that both heal the skin and create new tissue, and we have a combined treatment that works on almost any skin condition. Microneedling allows PRP to go deeper into the skin and amplifies its regenerative effects.
What are the benefits?
- Minimally invasive
- Uses body’s own cells
- Works on any skin type for any skin need
- Natural-looking and long-lasting results
Are there any risks?
- Mild redness and swelling
How long does the treatment take?
- Treatment typically takes less than an hour. Optimal results are usually seen after 6 weeks.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- There is no downtime, so you can walk out of our office and get on with your day!