What is it?
- Restylane is a natural, cosmetic dermal filler that combats aging and restores volume and fullness to the skin to smooth out facial wrinkles and enhance lips. It is made of natural hyaluronic acid which already exists in the human body, thus there is no allergy testing required. This chemical gradually diminishes as we age, resulting in a fatigued and older appearance look. Restylane is injected in small amounts underneath the skin with a small needle to fill in creases, lines, wrinkles and folds.
What are the benefits?
- Minimally invasive
- Designed to maximize facial volume and lift, corrective moderate to severe lines
- Natural-looking and long-lasting results
Are there any risks?
- Mild redness and swelling
How long does the treatment take?
- Treatment typically takes less than an hour. Results can be seen immediately after treatment, with optimal results usually being seen after a couple weeks.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- It’s recommended to take a day off before resuming normal activity.