What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
PRP serves as building elements comprised of platelets and tissue components. These platelets stimulate growth factors which can repair damaged tissue, promote cell and blood vessel growth, as well as promote collagen production. Essentially, PRP is using your own body to combat the signs of aging.
What are the benefits of PRP?
- Tightens skin and adds volume
- Enhances skin texture and smooths other imperfections on the skin
- Minimal scarring or stretch marks
- Improved appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Stimulation of collagen production
How does PRP work?
A very small amount of blood is drawn, no more than what is needed for a basic lab test, and is placed in a vial in a centrifuge to separate the platelets from the red and white blood cells. Through this method, platelet rich plasma is isolated away from being contaminated by red and white blood cells. PRP can be applied in microneedling, an injectable, restoring hair loss, and IPL photofacials.