NovaThread Non-Surgical Facelift
Minimally-invasive non-surgical facelift procedures are a fast, safe, and affordable way to lift loose skin on the face and neck. Surgical sutures made from a safe, absorbable material (polydioxanone, or “PDO”) are placed just beneath the surface of the skin, providing an effective lift without the need for surgery, or time for recovery. Many patients have the PDO thread lift procedure in conjunction with Botox and dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restalyne.
NovaThread lift is more effective for subtly lifting the cheeks and improving jawline and nasolabial folds. This non-surgical facelift procedure is designed to reduce sagging around the cheeks and the jawline. Threads are inserted with blunt cannulas using local anesthesia usually performed in less than an hour. These threads are then pulled, which gives the face a “lift” and makes it appear less saggy and more “lifted”.
The NovaThreads are absorbable sutures that come in three types for insertion into the face; the “barbed” threads are used for lifting, the “twist” threads are used to add volume to reduce deep wrinkles such as the nasolabial folds and marionette lines, and the “smooth” threads are used to improve fine lines and texture.
How does the NovaThread procedure work?
- In medical terms, “Selective Inflammatory Response”, it is the principle behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as Fractional Laser, Chemical Peels, and Microneedling). Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting NOVA Threads we influence it to heal itself by creating new collagen, naturally.
- PDO is fully absorbable, and your skin will react gently to the inserted threads. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it.
- The goal is for “controlled healing” to occur underneath the skin.
A topical numbing lotion and local anesthetic are applied to the treatment areas. PDO sutures are inserted underneath the skin, inducing the inflammatory response and stimulating collagen production. The sutures are eventually absorbed by the body, typically within 4 to 6 months. No scar tissue is formed.
Are NovaThreads right for me?
Many types of patients may benefit from the thread lift procedure:
- Patients with mild to moderate signs of aging such as neck, brow, cheek and/or jowl droopiness
- Patients who have had a facelift or necklift in the past that experienced relapse
- Patients who are reluctant to undergo a traditional facelift due to the long recovery time post-surgery, or because of the high cost
What do I do after the thread lift procedure?
Patients may experience some bruising and/or mild swelling, and any associated pain is typically well-controlled with over the counter pain medication such as Tylenol and/or Advil. Patients are also encouraged to ice the treatment areas for 3 days after treatment.