What is it?
- This procedure uses Kybella injections. Kybella is a treatment specialized for getting rid of stubborn chin fat. It involves injection of deoxycholic acid, a chemical naturally found in the body that is involved in the breakdown of fat. It works by disrupting fat cell membranes and forcing the cell to burst (cytolysis).
What are the benefits?
- Minimally invasive
- Only FDA-approved non-surgical treatment for chin fat reduction
- Natural-looking and long-lasting results
Are there any risks?
- Mild redness and swelling
- Possible trouble swallowing
- Rare nerve injury
How long does the treatment take?
- Treatment typically takes less than 30 minutes. Optimal results are usually seen after 6 months.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- There is no downtime, so you can walk out of our office and get on with your day!