What is it?
- Lip augmentation involves an injection of hyaluronic acid (HA) filler into the lips. Hyaluronic acid already exists in the human body, thus there is no allergy testing required. This chemical gradually diminishes as we age, resulting in a lot of aging symptoms. Injection of HA adds volume to the lips, restores its shape, and removes surrounding lines.
What are the benefits?
- Minimally invasive
- Natural-looking and long-lasting results
Are there any risks?
- Mild redness and swelling
How long does the treatment take?
- Treatment typically takes less than an hour. Results can be seen immediately after treatment, with optimal results usually being seen after a couple weeks.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- It’s recommended to take a day off before resuming normal activity.