What is it?
- Novathreads made of polydioxanone (PDO) are inserted into the skin via blunt cannulas to create a ‘lift’ effect. The NovaThreads are absorbable sutures that come in three types for insertion into the face; the “barbed” threads are used for lifting, the “twist” threads are used to add volume to reduce deep wrinkles such as the nasolabial folds and marionette lines, and the “smooth” threads are used to improve fine lines and texture.
What are the benefits?
- Minimally invasive
- Can be used in conjunction with fillers for added effect
- Customizable for your needs
- Natural-looking and long-lasting results
Are there any risks?
- Some bruising or mild swelling
How long does the treatment take?
- Treatment takes typically less than an hour. Optimal results can be seen after 8-12 weeks.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- There is no downtime, so you can walk out of our office and get on with your day!