What is it?
- The Icon is a multi-modality IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and Laser platform that can perform several functions based on the advanced handpieces that attach to it. IPL treats unwanted sun damage including freckles, brown spots or age spots, and addresses facial vessels including broken blood vessels, facial veins, and rosacea. 1540 Handpiece uses laser technology to improve fine lines and wrinkles by generating collagen and elastin – keys to the support structure of our skin. This results in the improvement of fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and other surface imperfections.
- The addition, this device has allowed us to greatly expand our light-based treatments, and to further complete the spectrum of treatments we offer. The Icon with Max-G handpiece is arguably the best IPL device available: Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) delivers light across a variety of wavelengths in the visible spectrum. The light is absorbed by both skin pigment and vascular lesions, allowing these areas to lift and clear from the tissue. This device is the ideal treatment for sun and skin damage and for the removal of facial vessels, rosacea, and general dyschromia. It also allows us to treat larger areas (photofacials) as well as targeting specific spots.
What are the benefits?
- Works for a variety of skin conditions, including rosacea, general dyschromia, sun damage, vascular lesions, etc.
- Natural-looking and long-lasting results
Are there any risks?
- Mild redness or bruising for a few days
- Scabbing or darkened patches
How long does the treatment take?
- Treatment typically takes less than 30 minutes. Optimal results can be seen after 6 weeks.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- There is no downtime, so you can walk out of our office and get on with your day!