What is it?
- PicoSure treatments enhance these natural collagen and elastin-producing processes through Skin Cell Activation, the secret behind the PicoSure rejuvenation process. PicoSure is a laser treatment system by Cynosure. The treatment uses Q-Switched laser technology, or a laser that emits rapid, powerful beams of laser energy. Each pulse of laser energy from PicoSure breaks apart pigment within your skin and causes it to disperse. After treatment, your body absorbs the smaller pigment particles over the course of 4-8 weeks.
What are the benefits?
- Safe to use over various areas of the body: face, hands, décolleté, and arms
- Can treat sun spots and pigmented lesions
- Can improve appearance of scars, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Natural-looking and long-lasting results
- Tattoo removal in all skin types
- Benign pigmented lesion removal in all skin types
- Focus is FDA cleared for treatment of
- Acne scars in skin types I-IV
- Wrinkles in skin types I-IV
- Pigmented lesions in skin types I-IV
Are there any risks?
- Redness and sensitive skin for a couple hours after treatment
How long does the treatment take?
- Treatment only takes 10-15 minutes. Results become clear a few weeks after treatment.
What is the downtime after treatment?
- There is no downtime, so you can walk out of our office and get on with your day!