Sleep & Wellness takes care of not only our patients’ bodies but also can tend to the needs of the mind and spirit. We offer the following professional counseling services for all of our patients:
- Adult, Youth, and Family Counseling
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling
- Group Therapy (please call for times and types of groups offered)
Taking Care of Yourself: Mind, Body Spirit
Every week check in with yourself to ensure that you are doing everything you can to maximize overall well-being. At minimum for each week make sure you are completing the following activities if you can build up to three times a week or daily, all the better:
- 1 activity for emotional support such as counseling or a support group
- 1 activity for physical support such as walking or working out
- 1 activity for spiritual support such as prayer, meditation or inspirational reading
- 1 activity for intellectual support such as taking a class or researching something new
- 1 activity for social support such as going out with a supportive friend or family member
If anxiety is a concern, deep breathing exercises, meditation or progressive relaxation may be helpful.
Learning to challenge negative self-talk or unhealthy beliefs is also helpful for anxiety as well as depression. Just because you think something does not mean it is true.
Challenging Mistaken Beliefs or Negative Self Talk
- What is the evidence for this
- Is this always true for me?
- Does this belief look at the whole picture? Does it take into account both positive and negative ramifications?
- Does this promote my well- being and/or peace of mind?
- Did I choose this belief on my own or did it develop from experiences growing up in my family?
Practicing positive affirmations can also help counter negative thinking. Make sure they are definite statements and not qualified with I will or I can. Make them I am statements.
Positive Affirmations for Self Esteem
- I am sure of my ability to do what is necessary to improve my life.
- It is okay to make mistakes; I am able to give myself the benefit of the doubt.
- I feel worthy as a person.
- I feel good about myself and the way I do things.
- I have compassion for myself.
- I am deserving of good things in my life
Positive Affirmations for Success
- I am successful.
- Everything I do turns into success.
- I am filled with success.
- I attract positive minded people to me.
- I am fortunate to love what I do.
- I draw all things positive to myself.
Remember to put your oxygen mask on first. You are no good to anyone if you are gasping for air.