Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that can affect people for years, it will occur when the pores become clogged with an overabundance of dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria. This is what causes majority of whiteheads, blackheads, and in some cases cysts to form. It most commonly occurs on the face, shoulders, back, chest and can leave scarring in affected areas.
At Sleep & Wellness Medi Spa and laser our aesthetician will assess the patient thoroughly and treat based on the individual's unique skin type. We offer various acne treatments to accommodate all skin types, and budgets.
Acne treatment includes diet & lifestyle changes as well as prescription topical and oral medications.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes:
- Eat an abundance of fruits and vegetables
- Reduce processed food, sweet foods and beverages, and white bread
- Get plenty of good quality sleep
- Reduce and manage stress
- Vitamin A
- Salicylic acid
- Oral contraceptives
- Anti-androgen agents
- IPL Acne Treatment: Intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment for acne. IPL technology involves the application of a non-laser broadband, filtered flash lamp source directed to the skin. There are no side effects with IPL treatment of acne lesions. There is minimal to no discomfort. There is a big improvement in the appearance of the skin after laser treatment but the patient must be aware that the natural history of acne might be to worsen in a patient so if the skin does deteriorate other treatment options may need to be discussed either during or after IPL treatment.
- Chemical peel: Our highly effective PCA Peel is an enhanced and modified Jessner’s Peel packed with acne fighting ingredients such as Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Kojic Acid, Hydroquinone, and Citric Acid. All these ingredients help to promote an even and clear complexion, all while making sure no new breakouts occur. The Hydroquinone and Kojic Acid help reduce acne scarring and prevention of new scars. While the other ingredients make sure to eliminate acne by controlling sebum production, accelerating cell turnover and reducing acne bacteria from spreading. You can expect mild to moderate peeling and or flaking for about 5 days with very minimal discomfort during the procedure.
- Acne Scar Treatment: The ICON 1540 Fractional laser system is a simple, fast and effective treatment option for scar removal. Developed by the world leaders in fractional laser technology for scar treatment, the technology boasts minimal downtime and can be used on any skin type. The procedure involves the use of fractional laser light, which breaks down scar tissue and triggers production of new tissue.