Sleep and Wellness Medical Associates
Medical Spa located in Lawrence Township, NJ
Experts estimate that two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese. Extra pounds affect your confidence and self-esteem and lead to serious health problems. The medical weight loss specialists at Sleep and Wellness Medical Associates in Hamilton, New Jersey, help you to prevent obesity-related problems like diabetes, hypertension, and stroke with a holistic weight loss plan that addresses every factor causing your weight gain. Call or click to learn how Sleep and Wellness Medical Associates can help you achieve real and sustained weight loss.
Weight Loss Q & A
What are the health complications of obesity?
Those who are overweight or obese weigh more than what is considered average for their height and body type.
Body fat is measured using body mass index or BMI. A BMI of 25.0 to 29.9 is considered overweight. A BMI of 30.0 and above is considered obese.
Overweight and obese men, women, and children are at higher risk of more than 50 physical and emotional problems including:
- Certain cancers
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Sleep apnea
As your BMI increases, your chance of developing severe health problems does too. The good news is you can reduce your risk with a safe and balanced medical weight loss program.
What is medical weight loss?
Medical weight loss is a comprehensive plan designed by a specialist that helps you to lose excess pounds, increase your level of activity, and improves your overall health. Your personal medical weight loss plan may include:
- Fitness planning: An exercise regimen designed for your ability, interests, and schedule.
- Lifestyle counseling: Stress-management techniques help you understand and conquer the emotional factors contributing to weight gain.
- Meal planning: Education and support to help you make healthy food choices based on your dietary needs.
- Prescriptions: Safe, effective medical appetite suppressants and other prescriptions help to support the diet and exercise components.
Why should I choose medical weight loss?
The media bombards Americans with ads that promote products and systems promising effortless weight loss. Most of these aren’t effective — or even safe. Medical weight loss is unlike any other diet plan out there because it’s:
- Customized: A unique plan medical weight loss plan to meet your individual needs and goals.
- Integrative: Treatments address the environmental, emotional, and lifestyle factors that affect weight loss.
- Safe: A doctor’s supervision ensures your safety.
- Science-based: Proven methods backed by peer-reviewed research.
Stop battling those unwanted pounds. Schedule a consultation with a medical weight loss specialist online or by telephone today to take the first step to brand new you.
*Individual Results May Vary